Insurance marketplace is growing significantly in India. Today, you can find variety of Life insurance and Non-life insurance products in India; therefore, this segment (Insurance marketplace) strongly needs robust rules and regulations to protect the interests of policyholders. To provide insurance services in a transparent manner IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) monitors all insurance companies with an eagle eye. IRDA is an independent authority to operate, regulate, and develop insurance market in India. It ensures that insurance services are being delivered transparently and claims are being settled.
All health insurers try to provide best services for customer satisfaction; therefore, it becomes difficult for an individual to pick “best out of best”. You can opt best medical insurance policy for yourself with help of comparison. If you’re buying a health insurance policy then having good knowledge about types of health insurance can help you opt best mediclaim policy; you may read this 12 important tips guide to opt a best health insurance. Insurance policies are subject to certain exclusions; under which your insurer shall not be liable to pay you any claim; therefore, before buying a mediclaim policy, read carefully “what does your health insurance policy cover and doesn’t cover?’.
In this post, you will read a list of health insurance companies approved by IRDA to provide health insurance services in India. Generally, insurance has divided into two categories 1) Life Insurance, 2) General or Non-life Insurance. All insurance products other than life insurance come under non-life insurance. Scroll down to see list of registered health insurance companies.
Read: How do I Check if an Insurance Company is Legitimate?
List of Public and Private Health Insurance Companies in India Registered with IRDA –
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- National Insurance Co. Ltd.
- The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- The Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.
- United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited
- Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited
- SBI General Insurance Company Limited
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- L&T General Insurance Company Limited
- Religare Health Insurance Company Limited
- Liberty Videocon General Insurance Company Limited
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited
Please Note: Above list indicates list of general insurance companies that offer health insurance products, please click here to see full list of Non-life Insurers and click here to see list of Life Insurers or visit official IRDA website to see the same.
Disclaimer: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) monitors all insurance companies very carefully; therefore, it may cancel license of any company at any time; if company does not comply with terms and conditions of IRDA. It is advised that visit official website of the authority to get accurate information. We try our best to provide you accurate information; however, we do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of given information.