Health Insurance protects you against unforeseen hospitalization expenses. Today, almost all health insurers offer cashless treatment facilities and reimbursement of hospital expenses facilities. For smooth settlement of a health claim, one should carefully follow all the steps described by his/her insurance company for instance; It is advised by some health insurance companies to inform about insured person within 24-48 hours after he/she is hospitalized; if no one informs within this time period, then an insurance company may refuse to settle claim (See- Medical conditions that your health insurance policy doesn’t cover); and in such scenarios, there are very rare chances of getting a claim settlement.
There are two ways to file a mediclaim under health insurance plan-
Tips for Easy Mediclaim settlement-
- Always prefer to visit empanelled hospitals for hassle free claim settlements except in case of emergency.
- Read your policy documents carefully and see list of empanelled hospitals in your area
- While getting treatment from non-empanelled hospitals, keep all the documents and bills of treatment to get a hassle free claim settlement.
- Inform your health insurer as soon as possible and ask for the procedure to file a claim
- Take all the required policy documents with you, such as Health Card, Policy Brochure etc.
Methods to File a Health Insurance Claim-
#1 Cashless Claim Procedure:
#2 Reimbursement Claim Procedure:
Claim Settlement: Within specified time limit, your insurance company will inform you whether your claim is accepted or rejected. In case, insurer rejects your claim then you will be notified by a letter; along with the reason for rejection.