State bank of India has added a new feature to its online banking service through which customers can activate their new ATM-cum-Debit cards without visiting their home bank branches. It is indeed an appreciable service and it can save precious time of the customers. Usually, after receiving a new ATM card, customer needs to visit his/her home bank branch to obtain activation pin and in today’s hectic schedules it becomes difficult for someone to get time to visit his/her bank. If you’re using internet banking of SBI then you can generate ATM pin of your new card right from your home or office.
SBI customers can find ‘ATM Card Services’ link under e-Services tab. ATM card services link allows a customer to block an ATM card, set ATM card limit, request a new card, and generate ATM pin. Customers can perform any of these activities by logging in to internet banking. You can avail this service free of cost.
Steps to activate ATM card of SBI bank-
Please note: Registered mobile number is mandatory to change ATM pin through internet banking.
- Visit official website of SBI online and enter your login user id and password to get access to your online banking services.
- From the tab menu, select e-Services then click on ATM Card Services (from the sidebar).
- Click on ATM Pin Generation then select your preferable mode to validate your access to ATM card services. You will have two options;
- Using OTP (one time password) – You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Using Profile Password – You can also use your profile password to proceed.
- Select your account (if you’ve linked more than one account) then click on continue.
- In next step, a list of your activated cards will appear on your computer screen, just select a card whose ATM pin you want to generate and then click on submit button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter first two digits of your desired pin. Just enter two digits and click on submit. You will receive remaining two digits on your registered mobile number.
- You will also be requested to enter the remaining two digits. Enter the remaining two digits; those you’ve received on your mobile number.
That’s it. Your card has been successfully activated. After the generation of ATM pin you can use your ATM card for ATM and online transactions.
Note: If you are unable to see your new card in the list then click on New Card Activation under ATM card services.