In our recent post, we have provided you some important ATM safety tips to safeguard yourself against any fraudulent activity, and in this post, we will show you the methods available to block an SBI ATM card. It is always a good idea to block a stolen or lost card; you should block your card before it falls into wrong hands. Therefore, immediately block your card when it gets lost by notifying your bank about the loss of the card. You can readily block an ATM card. To block an SBI ATM card, you have following options:
- Call Customer Care
- Send SMS
- Through Internet Banking
- Send e-Mail
- Visit Your Nearest SBI Bank Branch
We’re going to explain all these modes to block a card, you can opt any of them; which one suits you best.
Different Ways to Block an SBI ATM Card
1. Block SBI ATM Card by calling at customer care number-
Call at SBI card customer care toll free number 1800-11-2211 or 1800-425-3800, or 0091-80-2659-9990 (ISD/STD) and follow the IVR instructions to block a card. After opting card block option, your call will be forwarded to a customer care executive. The call centre will ask you some questions regarding your account to authenticate your identity. Remember to obtain reference number from the call centre for future references.
Calling from Abroad-
If you’re calling from abroad then call at 0091-80-2659-9990.
2. How to Block SBI ATM Card through SMS-
Send following message “BLOCK(space) **** (Last four digits of your ATM card number) to 567676” from your registered mobile number to block your debit card through an SMS . Instantly you will receive a confirmation message from your bank.
3. How to Block State Bank of India ATM Card through Internet Banking-
SBI has provided an option to its customers to block their ATM cards through online banking. It is a free service and available 24*7 throughout the week.
- Login to SBI internet banking with your login credentials.
- Click on e-Services from the top menu then click on ATM Card Services from the left sidebar.
- Click on block card link under ATM card services.
- Select the account and then select a card from your list of cards.
- Select the mode of validation OTP or profile password.
- After completing validation mode, select your reason to block then click ‘confirm’ to block your card.
- You will receive an SMS telling you that your card has been successfully blocked.
4. Send an e-Mail-
You can also block your ATM card by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; send your ATM card number (do not disclose ATM PIN) and also mention why are you blocking it.
5. Visit Your Nearest SBI Bank Branch-
If you cannot access any of the above methods then you can visit your nearest SBI bank branch to block your ATM card.