Aadhaar number is a unique identification number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Government of India has been taking many initiatives to make Aadhaar card number as one and only required document for identification purpose by linking it to an individual’s bank account, LPG account, PAN number etc.
Nowadays, it is mandatory to link Aadhaar Number to a bank account. Banks are also sending alert messages to customers; who haven’t linked their Aadhaar numbers with their respective bank accounts. In today’s post, we’ll show you four different ways to link Aadhaar card number to SBI bank account. You can link your Aadhaar number by following any of the given methods.
Link Aadhaar Card Number with SBI Bank Account Online–
1. Link Aadhaar using Internet Banking –
It is an easiest way to link an Aadhaar card to an SBI account. If you’re using online banking service of SBI then you can follow the steps given below:
- Access your SBI online banking account by using your user id and password.
- From your SBI online banking homepage, click on “Link your Aadhaar Number” from the left sidebar. If you’re unable to find it then make sure you have selected “My Accounts” tab.
- Upon clicking on the link, a form will appear on your computer screen. Just enter the required details such as, transaction account, mobile number (auto-selected registered mobile number), Aadhaar number etc. Subsequently, press submit button. (Note: You will be able to see last two-digits of your registered mobile number. If that number is not working or you’ve changed it then before proceeding link your new moble number with your bank account.)
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter one time password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number.
- After entering OTP number, click on submit button.
That’s it! A reference number will appear on your computer screen and you’ll get status of your Aadhaar card seeding within 24-48 working hours.
2. Link Aadhaar via SMS –
You can also send following text message “UID(space)Aadhar Number(Space)Account Number” from your registered mobile number to 567676. You will shortly receive an SMS telling you, “your Aadhaar number is already linked with the bank or if there is any problem with your Aadhaar seeding or you will receive a confirmation SMS of your Adhaar seeding.”
3. Link Aadhaar through ATM –
Customers of SBI bank can also link their Aadhaar cards with their SBI bank accounts by visiting nearest ATMs. After getting access to your ATM services, select “Service-Registrations” followed by Aadhaar Registration then follow all necessary steps.
4. Link Aadhaar by Visiting Any SBI Bank Branch –
Customers can also visit their nearest SBI branches (not necessary to visit home bank branch) to link their Aadhaar numbers with their accounts.