Punjab National Bank is one of the renowned multinational banks of India. It provides a large range of banking services to achieve high level of customer satisfaction. PNB has provided quickest and easiest ways to block an ATM-cum-debit card to its customers. Customers can block their ATM cards (if they lost them) to avoid any misuse. You can block your PNB ATM card by following any method described in this post.
Few days back, we had provided you a must follow safety tips guide while using ATM machines. You should read that tips before it’s too late! After losing a card, the first thing to do is report the missing card to the issuer. By doing so, you can take a sigh that your money is safe; because you’ve blocked or hotlisted your card.
You can block a PNB ATM card when it gets:
- Lost or Stolen
- Or for any other reason
In this post, we’ve listed four ways to block PNB ATM card:
- Call at PNB Customer Care Number
- Send an SMS
- Use Internet Banking
- Visit Your Nearest PNB Branch
Ways to Block Punjab National Bank ATM Card-
Please Note: Debit card once blocked cannot be unblocked; which means you would not be able to perform any ATM or online transaction with that card.
1. Call to PNB Customer Care to Block Your Debit Card-
It’s an easiest and quickest way to block an ATM card. If your card gets lost then you may contact PNB customer service department to block your card. Call at 1800-180-2222/1800-103-2222 (Toll-free) or 0120-2490000 (Tolled) number to block your lost/stolen card.
They (customer care) will ask you some questions to know that real account holder is calling. After that, they will process your request of blocking an ATM card issued on your bank account. Do remember to collect a reference id from them for future references.
2. Send an SMS to Block PNB ATM Card-
You can also send an SMS from your registered mobile number to block an ATM card. Just type “HOT space Card Number” and send it to 5607040 from your registered mobile number.
You’ll shortly receive an SMS telling you that your card has been blocked successfully.
3. Login to PNB Internet Banking to Block Your ATM Card-
Users, who have activated PNB internet banking service, can block their ATM cards online by using their login credentials. If you’re using online banking service of the bank then follow the steps discussed below to block a debit card.
- Login to PNB internet banking with your user id and password.
- From the dashboard, move your mouse on Value added services then select Debit Card Hotlisting under emergency services.
- In the next step, you’ll be asked to select an account number. Just select an account, to which card is linked, from drop down list and click on Continue.
- In the next page, you’ll be able to see list of a list of cards. Simply select lost/stolen card number. (Note: if the card, which you want to hotlist, is not showing in the list then you can enter card number manually in the space, named with card number, provided under the list of card.)
- Now enter your transaction password and click on submit button.
- You will read a confirmation message on your computer screen.
4.Visit a PNB Branch to Block an ATM Card-
If you’re facing any problem to access any of the mentioned methods then you may visit any PNB bank branch to block an ATM card.