To avail benefits provided by government schemes such as LPG subsidy, under Direct Benefit Scheme, your Aadhaar card number must be linked with your bank account. As you may already know that Aadhaar card contains our bio-metric and demographic data; which helps many institutions to verify someone’s identity. As per government of India guidelines, only consumers who have linked their Aadhaar card numbers to their bank accounts and LPG IDs will receive LPG cylinder subsidies. Therefore, if you’re not getting your LPG subsidy on your bank account then it might be due to Aadhaar card. In this post, we will show you how to link Aadhaar card number with Bank of India account online.
Ways to Link Aadhaar Card Number to BOI Bank –
There are three ways available to map Aadhaar card number to Bank of India account. You can follow any of them for your Aadhaar seeding.
- Aadhaar Linking by Visiting Bank of India Branch
- Aadhaar Linking through BOI Net Banking
- Aadhaar Linking using ATM-cum-Debit Card
1. Aadhaar Linking by Visiting Bank of India Branch –
Customers can visit any nearest Bank of India branch to link their Aadhaar numbers to their bank accounts. Just perform following steps at BOI branch for Aadhaar mapping:
- Visit any nearest BOI bank branch along with Xerox copies of Aadhaar Card and bank passbook..
- Submit an Aadhaar registration form along with copy of your Aadhaar Card.
- Collect a receipt; if possible. Once your Aadhaar card successfully linked to your account, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number from your bank side.
2. Aadhaar Linking through BOI Net Banking –
Those who are using Bank of India internet banking facility can register their Aadhaar Cards to their bank accounts online. Follow the steps given below to link your Aadhaar to your bank account:
- Login to BOI internet banking with your user id and password.
- Click on accounts tab.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar Number,” you can find it in the left panel of the screen.
- Upon clicking on the link, you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar card number. Just enter it and press confirm button.
- After clicking on confirm, a successful submission message will appear on your computer screen along with Aadhaar card registration reference number.
- You will receive status of your Aadhaar seeding on your registered mobile number in the next 24-48 working hours.
3. Aadhaar Linking using ATM-cum-Debit Card –
You can also register your Aadhaar number to your bank account by visiting nearest ATM machine. At an ATM machine follow the given steps:
- Swipe your ATM card to get access to ATM services.
- From the menu, select/tap on “Other Services.”
- In the next step, select Aadhaar registration.
- Enter your Aadhar card number.
- Re-enter it and tap on confirm.
- In the same way, follow the next steps to complete Aadhaar mapping.