Aadhaar is a unique identification method based on your biometric and demographic data. An Aadhaar card contains your biometric and demographic information such your name, fingerprints, address details, mobile and email address etc. It’s always good to keep your Aadhaar details update and to make updates easy for you, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) allows you to update your Aadhaar information online from anywhere and anytime. In this tutorial, you’ll be guided on how to change address in Aadhaar card online.
You can change following information on your Aadhaar card online –
- Name – (Supporting documents required)
- Gender – (No document required)
- Address – (Supporting documents required)
- Date of Birth – (Supporting documents required)
- Mobile Number – (No document required)
- Email Address- (No document required)
How to change address on Aadhaar card online –
Things required to change address on Aadhaar card online –
- First of all, your mobile number should be linked to your Aadhaar card. If you’ve not linked it yet then first you would need to visit nearest Aadhaar centre to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar.
- To change your address details online, you should have a supporting document like certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead (you will get list of documents that you can submit as your new address proof on UIDAI portal).
- You’ll need to upload scanned copy of new address proof which should be less than 2MB in size.
If your mobile is linked with your Aadhaar card and you’ve a supporting new address proof document then follow the instructions given below to change or update your Aadhaar details.
Visit official website of UIDAI (link – https://uidai.gov.in/) and from the UIDAI homepage, scroll down and click on Update Aadhaar Details (Online) as shown in screenshot above.
Now, a new page will open on your computer screen in a new tab, just read the instructions and then click on CLICK HERE link.
In the next page, enter your Aadhaar card number then enter verification text shown in the image and then click on Send OTP.
Upon clicking on the Send OTP button, you’ll receive a one time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number and you’ve to enter it to get access to your Aadhaar card details. Simply, enter the OTP and hit Login button to proceed.
In the next step, you’ll be asked to select an option, just tick Address box and press Submit button.
Now, an address form will open on your computer screen, just enter your new address details and click on Submit Update Request.
Now, review your address details carefully and then hit Proceed button.
Open drop down menu and select a document type from the list of options. Thereafter, click on Choose File and upload scanned copy of your new address proof. Subsequently, click on Submit.
In the next step, you’ll be asked to select a BPO service provider, simply select a preferred BPO service provider (tip: see average request processing time for faster approval) and hit Submit button.
That’s it. You will see successful submission message along with update request number. You can note down URN number or can download it to your PC for future reference.
You can check status of your update request by visiting homepage of UIDAI portal and clicking on Check Update Status link.